Gangu Bai Kathiawari: I try to bring as much flavor

   Gangu Bai Kathiawari: I try to bring as much flavor as I can in character Alia Bhatt

Gangu felGangul in love but her family was not happy with the relationship so she ran away & came to Mumbai. But her lover betrayed her & sold her to a brothel & she never returned.

Gangu Bai Kathiawari: I try to bring as much flavor as I can in the character' Alia Bhatt


Gangubai Kathiawari used to run a house in the Kamathipura area of ​​Mumbai in the 1960s. Gangubai real name was Ganga Harjivan Das Kathiawari. He was born and raised in Kathiawar Gujarat. His film Gangu Bai Kathiawari is actually based on a book called Mafia Queens of Mumbai written by Hussain Zaidi and Jane Burgess.


Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt is playing the role of Ganga Harjion Das in the movie Gangu Bai Kathia Wari. The film produced and directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali is set to release this month. Bollywood actress Alia Bhatt has spoken to Paktime Hindi about her role in the film.


Alia Bhatt considers Ganguly Bai to be the most challenging character of her career. She says that in this role, I worked  hardest I worked harder with time the more time you spend in the industry the more important it is that you show your hard work.



When I was working with Sanjay Leela Bhansali for the first time her main expectation was that you would come to the seat & give your 10,000 per cent  she says.


I never thought I would be home for six months.


The whole world was going through this for the first time we were all sitting learning figuring out what to do says Alia Bhatt referring to work during the Code. Didnot think I would have to stay home for 6months. But it happened. 


She says that there are always unexpected things in life so there are only 2 things you can do, either you can complain or you can fight the situation & make it right for you. I knew in that look that I had no choice but to give up. On the contrary when we used to-go to the set after a break, I think we did a great job. When second filming schedule came after the epidemic we had a great shoot. Filmed many serious scenes filmed songs etc & the value of all the work we were doing increased in our lives because at first we had been sitting at home for so many months. Alia says I had to do it I also got coded then Sanjay Leela Bhansali got coded, so there was a realization that everything will be fine right? Will people see or not? 


Then we started working twice as hard to make something that people who are waiting to see come to the theater she says. When you know that so much is at stake you start working automatically.


I follow Gandhi philosophy Don't look bad, don't think bad don't say bad.


I believe that nothing is good so keep quiet she said. I donot want to say or do anything negative. I follow Gandhi's philosophy that don't look bad don't think bad donot say bad. 


90% of people's doubts are removed with  trailer


I donot pay much attention to social media says Alia. I just usually see whats going on.


I think people like my character but there are some who are a little skeptical but it always happens. I believed that until the end, whoever had any doubts would not stay. With the trailer 90% of the people's doubts have been dispelled. Even so owning one is still beyond the reach of the average person.


I want to satisfy my inner heroin.

Referring to her career Alia says I don't think about whether I m doing good or bad. I just keep moving. I want to satisfy my self the worm of acting inside me I want to satisfy the heroin inside me I want to satisfy my inner flair and graceI do all this to satisfy myself. I am.


Yes it is true that I am acting not only for myself but also for the audience so I keep in mind how I like to watch movies myself as an audience will I enjoy it myself as much as I can bring flavor to it, I try to bring it, for myself & for the people.


Alia's mother Sonia Rajdan has acted in a film market similar to Gangu Bai Kathiawari. Alia says that she has seen the market but this film is different.

Post a Comment

0 Comments