Noor Muqaddam murder case verdict & a meeting with parents

 Noor Muqaddam murder case verdict & a meeting with parents

Noor muqaddam was my diamond daughter Zahir should have been punished

Noor muqaddam


Noor grave is now ripe & there are colorful flowers on it orange red white and yellow and there is written on the plaque Dear daughter Noor 


Maybe family had just lit the candles there a while ago the smell of which was spreading.


Shortly after hearing the court verdict in Noor Muqaddam murder case she reached the graveyard to visit Noor grave about 30 km away. The weather was chilly that day but I still remember the day I came here six months ago for Noor funeral. Today 6 months later, the traces of this scorching sun & heartbreaking event have not faded and may never fade.

I do not know why I wanted to come here after hearing the verdict in the court room & sit here for a while, perhaps to alleviate the pain I feel for her as a woman and as a human being.

There was no sound in  court. When Judge Ata Rabbani started delivering the verdict everyone was standing. Zahir Jaffer heard the verdict in a packed court.


Sitting on a graveyard bench in front of Noor grav the voices of the women in the court and the questions from Noor muqaddam  family were echoing in front of me

Zahir was sentenced to death. Are you satisfied?  answer was yes but the same question was being asked-about the acquittal of parents and other accused besides two employees. Will you go to appeal? 


Noor muqaddam father replied that he would wait for a detailed decision & consult a lawyer.


Noor muqaddam mother was contacted on the phone and she was allowed to come home. Two minutes away from the cemetery is the house where Noor lived where Noor muqaddam  body was buried on July 22.


Noor muqaddam  mother was waiting for me in the drawing room. While reciting prayers she was occasionally picking up her phone on which her relatives were calling her and supporting her in expressing gratitude that the court had done justice.


On a call he quoted Information Minister Sheikh Rashid as saying I have heard .He has said that the state will ensure that Zahir jaffer is punished.


Apparently everyone was thanking God for zahir Jaffer execution but the decision to release his parents like Noor muqaddam father in the courtroom took the father in a state of shock and the women began to ask Why the parents? Left out A little fine ... Punish a little.


This was also the impression of Mrs. Shaukat who spoke very patiently and politely. She said You know she was my diamond daughter. Noor's friends come to me the girls come


Everyone is scared of what happene he said.


She began to say Today after the decision there are constant calls on my phone & guests are coming.

Mrs. Shaukat said that Zahir should have received this punishment so that every daughter would be safe.

She told me You know she helped people in a way that surprised me  a lot. And he never tired of sitting near the elders listening to them giving them time.

Referring to one of Noor grandmothers she said that she was suffering from dementia. I saw him giving time and once I said that he listened to the story again and he smiled and replied Amy I like to give them time.


Post a Comment

0 Comments